HCS Mission Statement and Core Values
“Challenging Minds and
Lives for Christ”
Hudsonville Christian School…
- pursues academic excellence and achieves state standards.
- establishes and upholds a biblically based curriculum.
- teaches from a Reformed, Christian perspective, intentionally integrating faith and learning.
- welcomes God’s children of varying abilities and backgrounds, celebrating their uniqueness.
- challenges each student to develop his/her God-given gifts to the best of his/her ability.
- nurtures the whole child as an intellectual, emotional, physical, social, and spiritual being who bears the image of God.
- provides a safe and caring community in which to learn.
- partners with parents and churches to encourage students in their faith and learning.
- equips God’s children to serve Christ in our global and diverse society.
- assists students in discovering their place in God’s Kingdom so they can be a witness to the world.
At Hudsonville Christian School, we believe that a complete education nurtures a child’s mind, body and spirit. In addition to a rigorous core curriculum, which includes Bible, language arts, mathematics, science and social studies, students at all grade levels study art, computer, music, physical education and Spanish. In addition, band and orchestra are available to students in fifth through eighth grade. The HCS experience also includes Chapel and a variety of after school enrichment and athletic programs. Our mission is to create well-rounded students and to nurture their love for learning and love for our Lord.
- Our gifted teachers intentionally integrate faith topics into lesson plans and take every opportunity to interject faith discussions into classroom learning.
- God is Lord of everything and, therefore, is part of every subject.
- Our vision is to enable our students to be capable stewards of God’s gifts and creation, providing them with opportunities to serve and promote progress and healing in individuals, community, and creation.
- We foster the devotional life of our students, encouraging them to search for God’s will, living as God’s servants, and praying for themselves and others.
- We nurture the Christian walk and relationships of respect and care, emphasizing forgiveness, stewardship, civility, and developing a servant’s heart.
A School for All God’s Children
With its two conveniently located campuses, Hudsonville Christian School serves the educational needs of students from preschool through 8th grade. Within a safe and caring environment, experienced teachers conduct engaging learning activities to continually challenge students and demonstrate the wonder of God’s creation. Classroom instruction accommodates the entire spectrum of learning abilities and incorporates the latest technology.
Because we see ourselves as partners with church and home in students’ Christian education, we do everything we can to make tuition affordable for HCS families. We are fortunate to receive tremendous support from community churches and other supporting organizations, so we are able to offer tuition rates on a sliding scale. This allows us to reduce tuition for families with more than one student attending and makes Hudsonville Christian School more affordable than most private Christian schools. We are also willing to partner with all parents who want a Christian education and help make it possible for their families.