HCS Mission Statement and Core Values
“Challenging Minds and
Lives for Christ”
Hudsonville Christian School…
- pursues academic excellence and achieves state standards.
- establishes and upholds a biblically based curriculum.
- teaches from a Reformed, Christian perspective, intentionally integrating faith and learning.
- welcomes God’s children of varying abilities and backgrounds, celebrating their uniqueness.
- challenges each student to develop his/her God-given gifts to the best of his/her ability.
- nurtures the whole child as an intellectual, emotional, physical, social, and spiritual being who bears the image of God.
- provides a safe and caring community in which to learn.
- partners with parents and churches to encourage students in their faith and learning.
- equips God’s children to serve Christ in our global and diverse society.
- assists students in discovering their place in God’s Kingdom so they can be a witness to the world.
Integrating Faith and Learning
Hudsonville Christian integrates faith discussions, not just in a religion class, but as part of the entire school experience. Teachers encourage students to explore their faith and apply Christian principles to all areas of their lives, inside and outside of the classroom. Our students form their worldview from God’s Word as they learn about their world and develop a personal perspective on what it means to have a place in God’s Kingdom.
Because we understand that learning does not just happen in the classroom, we also offer a selection of extracurricular activities to challenge students with a variety of interests. These programs also reflect a Christian perspective and encourage students to try their best for His sake.
The Hudsonville Christian School curriculum nurtures within each student a love for learning and a love for the Lord. Students at all grade levels study Bible, language arts, mathematics, science, social studies, art, music, physical education and Spanish. Technology is integrated into all areas. Our intent is to create well-rounded students who share their unique talents and ideas to glorify our Creator.
Each student has an opportunity to develop his or her gifts in the fine arts. HCS offers grade level band and orchestra instruction, both beginning in fifth grade. Our band, orchestra, general music and art instructors are certified in their field.
Recognizing that students learn differently and have unique strengths and weaknesses, HCS offers differentiated instruction to meet the needs of all students. We ensure each child receives the best education possible offering what is needed from remediation to acceleration.
Partnering With Home, Church and School
We believe that children have three spheres of influence in Christian education: home, church and school. We realize the importance of our role and take seriously our responsibility to reflect the light of God’s teaching.
As your child progresses through HCS, we encourage you to have conversations about what your child is learning to discover how his or her ideas are developing. We look forward to partnering with you and pledge our best efforts to love and nurture your child as we grow together as a community in Christ.