The emphasis in our Young 5’s program is on Kindergarten readiness skills and developing self esteem as learners and image bearers of our Creator. Much of children’s learning occurs through structured time, when students participate in small and large group activities that involve manipulating objects, solving problems, reinforcing academic concepts and growing in the knowledge of God. Young 5’s students also attend “specials” weekly, including art, library, music, physical education and Spanish. The curriculum has been carefully developed to nurture each student as a social, emotional, intellectual, physical, and spiritual child of God.
Young 5’s classes are offered in half-day sessions in either the morning or afternoon, Monday-Friday or in 2 day (full day) and 1 1/2 day sessions either Monday/Wednesday/Friday AM or Tuesday/Thursday/Friday PM.
Morning: 7:50 A.M. – 11:00 A.M.
Afternoon: 12:00 Noon – 2:40 P.M.
Full day: 7:50 A.M. – 2:40 P.M.
Some typical daily activities include:
- grow in the knowledge of God through daily Bible stories
- praise God through songs and sharing
- observe and wonder about God’s creation
- share sentence prayers
- participate in structured experiences
- move through learning centers
- participate in group discussions
- learn to measure and compare with food and recipes
- gain number concepts with counting and graphing activities
- develop vocabulary and sound awareness to spark reading readiness
- boost listening skills and nurture a love for reading and books
- develop auditory memory through simple poems and songs
- enjoy large muscle activities
- develop fine motor skills and hand/eye coordination
- become a member of the Hudsonville Christian School community!
Young 5’s Grant
If you enroll your child in Young 5’s at Hudsonville Christian and if your child did not attend 4 School at Hudsonville Christian, we would like to offer you a $1,000 grant contingent on enrolling your child in kindergarten, 1st grade and 2nd grade at Hudsonville Christian. You will receive $1,000 over the next three years in the form of a tuition deduction – one third when you enroll your child in Kindergarten, one third when you enroll your child in 1st grade and one third when you enroll your child in 2nd grade.
Contact Hudsonville Christian Elementary School for more information about our Young 5’s program.
For more information on Young 5’s enrollment, please visit the Early Childhood Enrollment page.
Young 5’s Staff
Prayer, calendar, weather
Bible story, activity to go with story,
singing time, Bible memory
Zoo-phonics, letter and sound
recognition, rhyming,writing simple
words, listening, sight words, poems
Number recognition, counting, money,
measuring, shapes, writing numbers
Experiments, seasons, holidays and
Art, P.E., Library, Music, Spanish