The emphasis in our Young 5s program is on Kindergarten readiness skills and developing self esteem as learners and image bearers of our Creator. Much of children’s learning occurs through structured time, when students participate in small and large group activities that involve manipulating objects, solving problems, reinforcing academic concepts and growing in the knowledge of God. Young 5s students also attend “specials” weekly, including art, library, music, physical education and Spanish. The curriculum has been carefully developed to nurture each student as a social, emotional, intellectual, physical, and spiritual child of God.
Young 5s Options
Must be 5 years old by December 1.
There are two Young 5s options available. Classes are offered as 2 1/2 full days.
|Monday/Wednesday full day and Friday morning||7:50 – 2:40 – full day||$3695|
|Tuesday/Thursday full day and Friday afternoon||7:50 – 2:40 – full day||$3695|
|7:50 – 11:00 AM / 12:00 – 2:40 PM|
For more Young 5s enrollment information, please visit the Early Childhood Enrollment page.
Contact Hudsonville Christian Elementary School for more information about our Young 5s program.
What you can expect to see your child doing in Young 5s
Some typical daily activities include:
- Growing in the knowledge of God through daily Bible stories
- Praising God through songs and sharing
- Observing and wondering about God’s creation
- Sharing sentence prayers
- Participating in structured experiences
- Moving through learning centers
- Participating in group discussions
- Gaining number concepts with counting and graphing activities
- Developing vocabulary and sound awareness to spark reading readiness
- Boosting listening skills and nurture a love for reading and books
- Developing auditory memory through simple poems and songs
- Enjoying gross motor activities
- Developing fine motor skills and hand/eye coordination
- Participates in weekly specials: Music, Spanish, Physical Education, Art and Library
Young 5s Grant
If you enroll your child in Young 5s at Hudsonville Christian and if your child did not attend 4 School at Hudsonville Christian, we would like to offer you a $1,000 grant contingent on enrolling your child in kindergarten, 1st grade and 2nd grade at Hudsonville Christian. You will receive $1,000 over the next three years in the form of a tuition deduction – one third when you enroll your child in Kindergarten, one third when you enroll your child in 1st grade and one third when you enroll your child in 2nd grade.
Prayer, calendar, weather
Bible story, activity to go with story,
singing time, Bible memory
Zoo-phonics, letter and sound
recognition, rhyming,writing simple
words, listening, sight words, poems
Number recognition, counting, money,
measuring, shapes, writing numbers
Experiments, seasons, holidays and
Art, P.E., Library, Music, Spanish