January 24 Home Communicator – Blessed
For those who know me, you understand that one of my favorite events of the year is Early Childhood Exploration Night at Hudsonville Christian. This past Thursday night, we once again welcomed many parents and children to the evening to explore what HCS has to offer for their children. Sharing what “Big Plans” God has for their children at Hudsonville Christian is always a blessing. One of the things we always discuss throughout the evening is our sense of belonging to more than a school — it’s a community or family.
As an administrator at Hudsonville Christian, I am always amazed by the sense of community, family, and partnership with church, home, and school. Over the past month, I have been amazed at what I have seen transpire around the school:
- I have seen gifts come in to support not only our Expansion Project, but also the challenge we put out to match a $150,000 gift by a donor. The match was more than met!
- I have seen unsolicited funds brought in for our Tuition Assistance Fund with notes attached instructing to “bless someone with these funds”.
- I have seen a local contractor come in to change over our old lighting system to LED and then take out personal checks to cover all the costs.
- I have seen almost 2,000 people come together to praise God and celebrate the birth of our Savior Jesus Christ while supporting their children at recent Christmas programs.
- I have experienced a meeting where two members of a local church that will be selling their building came in to tell their rich story of 141 years of existence of serving Him. During the meeting, many tears were shed as we together recalled many of the blessings they had experienced over the years. At the end of that meeting, my guests took out a check made out to Hudsonville Christian School Foundation for many thousands of dollars and gave it to me. A note was in with the check and it said, “Our prayer is that these funds may be used for the furtherance of God’s Kingdom.”
- Last week, may of us watched a worship time at the elementary chapel with Pre-K and Kindergarten children singing their hearts out with praises to their God.
Yes, we are all blessed to be a part of something more than just a school, a community, a family. Thanks for helping to make this a very special place.
Serving Him together,
Dan Pott, Superintendent