March 5 Home Communicator – Wednesday is Ash Wednesday, marking the beginning of the season of Lent. As Christians, this is a powerful time of deep reflection and nurturing our faith. There are many things we participate in to do this. As a school, we wanted to provide an opportunity for our students to experience a worship time focused on Lent. Spearheaded by Katie VanTil – Nurturing Faith Coordinator – and Jess Hollenbach – Middle School Choir and Music teacher – the elementary and middle school chapel committees coordinated efforts to design a time of worship to take place tomorrow – Wednesday, March 6 from 10:00 – 10:25 a.m. in the elementary West gym.
We’re looking forward to gathering together on Ash Wednesday (March 6) for an all-school chapel. Our focus is not so much on Ash Wednesday but on the season of Lent. Students will hear that Lent is a time to prepare our hearts to remember the death and resurrection of Jesus. We will prepare our hearts during this chapel by talking about the significance of God’s covenant with His people.
A FEW MORE DETAILS
- Students will be sitting with their buddies.
- Family and community members are welcome to sit in the bleachers.
- Middle school students will arrive at the elementary school by 9:40 and head to their buddy classrooms. Classes can then walk together to the West Gym.
- Chapel will begin at 10:00 and dismiss around 10:25.
- Afterward, elementary students will be dismissed to their classrooms while middle school students will board the buses to head back to the middle school building.
Since we are trying to prepare our hearts for Good Friday and Easter, teachers will be given devotions/activities in which to participate once a week until the Passion Week. Below is an outline of topics to be covered.
- March 12 – Temptation
- March 19 – Justified by Faith Buddy Activity
- The week of March 25 – Cross-Bearing
- The week of April 1 – Spring Break
- The week of April 8 – Faithful to His Word
- The week of April 15 – Passion Week – Each building has a special chapel planned for this week
We hope that you are able to join us on Wednesday, March 6 for a time of worship. We covet your prayers throughout the season of Lent as we acknowledge the promise God made to send a Savior and that we serve a God who is faithful to His promises.
Running the race of faith together,
Mary Broene, Middle School Principal