I have been in education over 30 years and I am as excited about it today as I was when I started teaching sixth grade in the Grand Rapids Christian Schools system in 1980. I taught for 13 years in sixth grade and greatly enjoyed it. For the next ten years, I had a combination of roles in middle school education as a teacher of Bible, Science and Physical Education in seventh and eighth grades, athletic director and part time administrator.
As the middle school principal at Hudsonville Christian I am so blessed and with God’s help will fulfill my responsibilities to our students and their parents. Working with middle schoolers is such a blessing; it is energizing, it keeps me on my toes, and is never boring. Young people of middle school age are fascinating and working with them in the field of education is my passion. I have been called to this service and prayerfully approach all aspects of that service. With God’s guidance each school year I look forward to both the opportunity of creating a sense of community among our students, staff and parents, as well as continuing to provide the quality program that we have established at Hudsonville Christian Middle School.
As a Christian middle school we have certain beliefs and philosophies that guide us and in which HCMS is firmly grounded. Each is vital; each is distinctly Christian and oriented to the unique aspects of middle school education. We covet your prayers and support as we strive to incorporate these guiding principles in all we do at HCMS.
- HCMS is a Christian community that cares for each student as an image bearer of God.
- HCMS is staffed by quality Christian educators, administrators and support staff.
- HCMS promotes quality curriculum that is Bible-based and standards-focused reflecting a reformed Christian worldview. The curriculum is relevant, challenging and exploratory with intentional integration of faith in teaching and learning.
- HCMS sets high learning goals for each student. These goals address all areas of growth – spiritual, academic, physical, social and personal.
- HCMS is committed to nurturing students who are:
- Critical thinkers who base decision on Christian values.
- Cooperative workers.
- Effective communicators.
- Committed disciples.
- Community contributors.
- Creative and effective problem-solvers.
- Respecting of self and others.
- Self-directed learners.
- Producers of quality work.
- HCMS provides a supportive environment for all students.
Christian Education is a lifelong commitment and process; we consider it an honor and privilege to work with you during these exciting years of development. Middle school brings with it a variety of opportunities and experiences. It is our goal as a community of students, staff and parents to be engaged in education that challenges minds and lives for Christ. This can be accomplished through diligent efforts and our recognition as a community of believers that Jesus Christ is our Lord.
If you are looking for a school to partner with you in the education of our covenant children, Hudsonville Christian Middle School may be the place for your child.
Please call or email me if you have questions or would like to talk about how we can meet the needs of your child.
Yours in Christ,
Middle School Principal