November 29 Home Communicator – A couple of Sunday nights ago I had the privilege of taking part in a prayer gathering that took place at both the Hudsonville Christian Elementary and Middle School. What a gift it was to see parents praying with children, grandparents praying with their kids and grandkids, parents whose children are alumni of HCS who came back to pray for staff and students near and dear to their hearts. The images of heads bowed and hands outstretched over doorways, of families huddled in a circle lifting their school to the Lord are some of the most beautiful images that one can see.
Each person was given a prayer guide, which contained both praise reports and prayer requests from the HCS staff. There are situations that really weigh heavy on the staff and our students, and as Christians, prayer is the best weapon we have for thwarting the schemes of the enemy. Please bring Hudsonville Christian before the Lord daily! Here are some excerpts from the prayer guide…these are some ways that you can pray for our students:
- Pray that God would grant students knowledge and understanding from His Word and in every subject they study.
- Pray for their faith – that every student will come to know Christ, early and deeply and discover his/her value and identity in Christ. Pray that they know their worth – that our students know they are His workmanship, created in Christ Jesus to do good works (Ephesians 2:10).
- Pray for their salvation – “Lord, let salvation spring up within my children, that they may obtain the salvation that is in Christ Jesus, with eternal glory” (Is. 45:8, 2 Tim. 2:10)
- Pray for self-control – “Father, help my children not to be like many others around them, but let them be alert and self-controlled in all they do.” (I Thess. 5:6)
- Pray that they are kind – “Lord may my children always try to be kind to each other and to everyone else” (from I Thess. 5:15)
We praise God for Hudsonville Christian, for His mission here, for the students and staff that are a part of it. We have so much for which to be thankful! Thank you for covering HCS in prayer!
Serving THE ONE with you…
Tami Herweyer, Mission Advancement