If you are passionate about Christian education and are dedicated to following Christ, we invite you to consider one of the open employment positions at Hudsonville Christian School.
Thank you for your interest in joining the team at HCS. Currently, there are no open teaching positions available. However, we encourage you to check back periodically for updates on future opportunities. We appreciate your understanding and look forward to the possibility of challenging minds and lives for Christ together in the future.
Elementary & Middle School
Paraprofessional, Educational Support Services
We are seeking a motivated and caring person to join our Educational Support Service Team as a paraprofessional. Due to our growing program, we have positions in both our elementary and middle school buildings, with part and full-time options available. As a vital part of our ESS team, you will work closely with the ESS coordinator and/or special education teacher to provide support to students who require specialized instruction. Responsibilities would include working with students individually and in groups, assisting with implementing lessons, providing accommodations, and building relationships with students. Candidates should hold a teaching certificate or have experience in the field and be flexible in adapting to the changing demands of student needs.
If you are interested in joining our dedicated and passionate staff, please complete the application form.
If you have any questions regarding this opportunity, please reach out to Jenny Gorter, Director of Educational Support Services at firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications will be accepted through Friday, March 15, 2024.
The Middle School at Hudsonville Christian School is seeking applicants for a part-time Counselor beginning in the 2024 – 2025 school year. This position works with middle school students and the middle school supporting staff. Interested applicants should have any of the following:
- A degree in education with a K – 12 Guidance endorsement
- A degree in school counseling, social work or a related field
The ideal candidate is someone who is passionate about working with all ages of students, is team-oriented, and has a strong love for our Lord and Savior.
Middle School Counselor/Social Worker. 70% Full-Time Equivalent. Daily Schedule is negotiable.
- Ability to work with students, parents, teachers, and community agencies in a positive matter from a Christian perspective
- Complete risk assessments, classroom observations of students and participate in PLC Meetings
- Support students (individually and/or within a group setting) with social skills, coping skills, peer relationships, and behavior concerns (not intended as intensive therapy)
- Provide staff consultation on behavioral-emotional-environmental issues affecting student participation in the learning process
- Presents to individual classrooms on topics affecting a specific classroom or grade level (i.e. friendship, bullying, etc.)
- Provide crisis intervention services in partnership with building principal
- Fulfills professional responsibilities such as maintaining confidentiality, following ethical and legal guidelines, attending in-services and staff meetings, pursuing professional growth and performing job duties in an organized, accurate, timely and dependable manner
- Provides assistance to the building leadership team in developing and implementing school-wide procedures contributing to a safe and orderly learning environment
Please fill out the application and upload a copy of your cover letter and resume. Applications will be accepted through the end of the day Friday, March 22, 2024. Reach out to middle school principal Chris Achterhof at email@example.com with any questions.