Fundraisers and Events
The Parents’ Club needs YOU to be an active member! God has given each of us gifts that can be used to benefit Hudsonville Christian School. Many fundraising actives and events at HCS are made possible by our committed Parents’ Club volunteers. Volunteering keeps our tuition costs stable and allows parents an opportunity to meet other parents as well as get to know our staff.
Here are just a few of the areas where volunteers are needed. Some of these opportunities require an ongoing commitment throughout the school year while other opportunities require just a few hours of your time.
- Hudsonville Community Fair Food Booth (third week in August)
- Septemberfest Craft Show (second Saturday in September)
- Hudsonville Christian School Auction (Saturday afternoon/evening in February/March)
- Walkathon (Friday during school hours in May)
- Box Tops for Education
- Cookies for Global Missions
- Love Bazaar (student Christmas shopping opportunity held first Friday in December)
- Family Fun Night
Other Volunteer Opportunities
- Room Parent
- Playground Monitor Volunteer
- Teacher/Library Aide
- P/T Conference and Early Release Childcare
- Please see the Volunteer Sign-up Form for all volunteer opportunities
If you are a parent of a HCS students in grades K-8 and are looking to volunteer, please email firstname.lastname@example.org for a link to the available opportunities.
Parents’ Club Board
The Parents’ Club Board, made of up nine parent volunteers, oversee the Parents’ Club volunteers and events as well as the fundraising and event budgets. Each of the nine members serves a three-year term. The Parents’ Club Board holds a monthly closed meeting and General Assembly meetings twice a year. All parents are invited and encouraged to attend the General Assembly meetings to voice concerns or to share ideas. Specific dates and times for the General Assembly meetings are announced in the weekly Home Communicator but generally happen in the fall and spring.
The Parents’ Club Board is always seeking new members to fill rotating open positions. If this is something that might interest you and fit with your gifts and abilities, please email the Parents’ Club Board at email@example.com to request more information.